Happy Healthy January event – 10am to 4pm, Thursday 25 January 2024 at The Square Shopping Centre, Camberley
Welcome in the new year by coming along to this revitalising event taking place in Cambridge Square (near Sainsbury’s) in The Square Shopping Centre, Camberley.
Councillor Lisa Finan-Cooke, Portfolio Holder for Inclusion and Housing, Surrey Heath Borough Council said: “Join us at this event to receive expert advice and tips to help make 2024 your most happy and healthy year yet.
“The event will include opportunities to talk to fantastic local organisations and experts that can support you and your family.
“Areas to be covered include guidance for weight management and smoking cessation, blood pressure monitoring (including the opportunity to have your blood pressure taken on the day) and mental health support.
“You can also meet staff from Places Leisure Camberley, learn more about our local guided walking group and find out how to access your local foodbank. I look forward to seeing you there.”
Organisations joining the event include;
- Surrey Heath Health Walks – Surrey Heath Borough Council’s organised walking group, providing free guided walks in our parks and woodlands.
- Places Leisure Camberley – Learn more about gym membership and see demonstrations of fitness classes. https://www.placesleisure.org/centres/places-leisure-camberley/
- Talking Therapies – Mental health support.
- BESOM – Camberley’s local foodbank – providing support to vulnerable people in the borough. https://www.thebesomincamberley.com/
- Shifa – The Asian woman’s network, offering a range of services from peer support groups, educational short courses, creative and physical activities, one to one support, drop-in support and signposting advice. https://shifanetwork.org.uk/
- Camberley U3A – Supporting people who are retired or working part time. https://cu3a.org.uk/