Pembroke House, Pembroke Broadway, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3XD
Thu 28 February
Signature Senior Lifestyle
Signatures vision is “Delivering peace of mind”, peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signatures Mission is “to provide exceptional care delivered by compassionate people in the highest quality homes”. We aim to make a positive difference in the lives of each of our residents by providing a unique combination of person-centered care, excellent activities and food services within a beautiful living environment. Our vision and Mission are underpinned with a clear set of values which are at the heart of how we work and the decisions we take in order to deliver outstanding person-centered services in parallel with strong financial performance. We believe that “what” we do and “how” we do things is critically important to our pursuit of making Signature the best care environment for our residents and the best employer for our employees. We believe our values, and how we conduct ourselves, is something that truly differentiate us from every other employer in Care. We expect everyone in Signature to live by our values and for all leaders across the business to lead by example and role model our values.
The Care Services Manager will be an experienced and credible clinician who will be key in the effective delivery of person-centred services to meet the identified needs of residents. They will ensure that all such services provided are in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements, for example, Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Signature Senior Lifestyle policies. They will take responsibility for all aspects of operational care management and provide the necessary leadership to support changes in services as they develop, this will include overall responsibility for the leadership, management and development of the whole of the care team. Other responsibilities include deputising for the General Manager during times of absence or as requested by the Operations Director, and actively supporting the home in the delivery of identified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). They will also have input to the Care Strategies delivered and implemented across the organisation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the planning, delivery and operational management of the Care Services, delivering a high quality service that supports the residents within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and application of CQC Fundamental standards.
2. Ensure the appropriate resource, the right people with the right skills and capabilities are deployed daily to meet the care needs of residents.
3. Support the development and implementation of group wide strategies and systems to ensure optimum standards of care.
4. Ensure the effective management of the agreed Care Services budget.
Management of: Nurse Care Manager, Dementia Care Manager, Residential Care Manager and Clinical Administrator
1. Take overall responsibility for effective rota management and planning to ensure rota’s are fair and equitable with the appropriate numbers and skill mix to meet the needs of the residents and that these are clearly communicated in a timely way.
2. Ensure policies and procedures in relation to resourcing are followed.
3. Carry out effective and timely recruitment to ensure the appropriate skill mix to maintain service to current and future residents.
4. Manage rota’s including an overview of costs in relation to things such as agency.
Leadership and People Development
1. Fully understand the signature Mission, Vision and Values and help others engage with these through clear compelling communication and role modelling of values and behaviours
2. Ensure that all members of staff have clear objectives and progress against those objectives that are reviewed through regular supervision and performance review meetings
3. Working in partnership with HR to ensure that all members of staff are effectively inducted into Signature and receive the ongoing training and development support required to meet legal requirements, perform well in their current role and fulfil their potential. This includes:
· Completion of the Care Certificate within 90 days of beginning employment
· Completing all mandatory training and relevant updates within the required timeframes
· Providing mentoring and coaching support to develop individuals in role and to complete further studies
· Ensure all registered nurses engage in professional development opportunities to improve and enhance practice, maintain their professional registration and meet the requirements of Revalidation.
4. Ensure all HR policies are understood and implemented within the teams in line with required standards and current strategy
5. Ensure that performance targets are known and understood by staff teams and that improvement plans are implemented as required
6. Attend relevant training and development as required, and provide evidence of professional and personal development according to Nursing and Midwifery Council guidelines.
1. Lead and be accountable for the effective creation, implementation and ongoing management of all required resident records and documentation in line with company policy and the regulatory requirement
2. Actively involve residents, families and all staff in the development of quality standards through effective implementation of the resident and staff survey processes and forums.
3. Ensure all Signature key policies and procedures are implemented across all areas of responsibility
4. Identify risk factors or incidences of abuse and report and action in line with safeguarding protocols. Instigate adult protection procedures as required. Ensure the effective implementation of any Health and Safety or risk management strategies across the Care Services Team.
Governance and Quality Assessment
1. Take overall responsibility for the effective management of the governance and quality assurance frameworks ensuring appropriate levels of responsibility and where necessary all required actions are taken.
2. Support the effective and continuous improvement of the service through the completion of quality audits as defined by the annual Compliance Audit Programme. Develop, implement and monitor improvement plans that are put into place.
3. Manage complaints and matters of concern promptly and in line with the Signature Complaints Policy,
implementing and disseminating any resulting recommendations for service changes and improvements.
Information and communication
1. Must be a competent user of all IT systems. Is the lead person for Signature Specific systems MCM and RADAR. The ability to fully understand all aspects of these systems, be the most competent user (super-user) in the home, and able to train and support others in using these systems in the home is essential. The ability to produce usable Management Information from the systems to inform both themselves and the GM in their decision making is also essential.
2. Develop, maintain and work effectively with all partners and key stakeholders in the provision of a quality service.
3. Ensure the development and implementation of effective lines of communication and information in appropriate, accessible formats for residents, family members, staff and all other relevant stakeholders.
4. Provide cover in a crisis management situation and escalate as appropriate
5. Provide any required reports to senior management in a timely fashion, ensuring all deadlines are met.
6. To be able to travel as required to meet the needs of the business.
1. Deputise for the General Manager as required.
2. Work within the policies and procedures of Signature Senior Lifestyle at all times.
3. Follow and report all concerns and incidents in line with the company incident reporting and whistleblowing procedure, including safeguarding adult’s procedures.
Health and Safety
The post-holder will maintain their personal responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Regulations, and compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working practices and the recommended storage of equipment, including but not exclusive to:
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Electricity at Work, Lift & Lifting Equipment, Manual/Object Handling, Gas Installation & Use, Provision and Use of Work Equipment, Fire Precautions, Personal Protective Equipment, Legionella/Water Treatment, Waste Management, Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
Appraise and assess measures used to prevent infection control hazards, taking into account the individual nursing, social, physical and psychological needs of the resident.
* Current NMC registration, ENB 998/Mentorship Qualification or equivalent.
* Evidence of further relevant post-registration professional development
* Minimum of five years’ post registration experience, at least three within a senior management role
* Experience of managing care and nursing within the Social Care or other relevant environment.
* Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to implement strategies and approaches to deliver CQC Fundamental Standards
* Comprehensive understanding and ability to deliver governance and quality assurance frameworks
* Proven experience of effective resource management
* Advanced level of IT Skills
* Able to role model the Signature Values
* Proven leadership skills
* Highly developed and effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Adaptable and responsive to change
* A flexible approach to the working week, which includes early starts, evenings, weekends and Duty Management cover by prior agreement, to support special activities and the needs of the business
* Commitment to self-development and the development of others
* Resilient and able to deal with stress in others
* Effective decision making and problem solving skills
If this sounds like a company you would like to work for then please send your C.V to email@example.com.
12th February 2019
1st February 2019