Pembroke Broadway, Camberley, Surrey. GU15 3XD
Thu 28 February
Signature Senior Lifestyle
Signature Senior Lifestyle are looking to recruit an Nurse to join their Care Services team.
The Nurse works as part of the Care Services Team, and will be primarily responsible for promoting and delivering person-centered care within Signature's care philosophy, being mindful of each resident's age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity and spiritual needs. The post -holder will work within a team ethos with the resident's choices, dignity, independence and personal safety at the core of all clinical activity. The post-holder will work within their professional accountability and competencies for their professional registration.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. He or she will act as Named Nurse for identified residents ensuring all risk assessments, Care Needs Assessments and Personal Care Plans are in place and evaluated monthly, promoting resident involvement and choice in this process. In addition, the post-holder will attend case reviews and, during periods of planned leave, will ensure all documentation is up to date and that a nominated person will assume this role in their absence.
2. Provide leader ship and guidance for the day-to-day running (in charge) of a defined area, ensuring resident care is delivered in line with their Care Needs Assessment. This includes being available to offer professional advice and support to Lead Care Assistants co-ordinating residential care areas. The post-holder will respond to clinical emergencies irrespective of the care delivery status of residents.
3. Support and, where identified, take the lead in managing monthly routine medication for a defined area . This may include supporting and mentoring Lead Care Assistants to take on this role in residential areas under their supervision.
4. Work wit h the Care Services Manager and Nurse Care Manager in developing and completing
5. clinical and environmental audits according to the agreed annual governance programme.
6. In the absence of a Nursing Care Manager or Care Services Manager, provide on-site cover over a 24-hour period. This will include offering advice and support to residential support services and operational support teams.
7. Participate in events held in the Signature home .
8. Ensure efficient stock control of clinical supplies, supporting efficient budget controls .
9. Provide direct care for residents including washing, dressing, and support with nutrition and hydration.
10. Adopt a Link Nurse role and take the lead for evidence-based practice in a defined area across the Signature home, as agreed and supported by the Care Services Manager or Nursing Care Manager, for example, continence, infection control, tissue viability, nutrition, end-of-life care and so on.
11. Where agreed, extend clinical competencies and nursing practice to offer comprehensive services, for example, venepuncture, IVI therapy, ear syringing and so on.
12. Comply with the HR policies and procedures, providing a role model for departmental sta ff .
13. Attend initial and updated mandatory training as required, and actively engage in clinical or professional supervision and annual appraisals, ensuring personal professional knowledge and competency is maintained with live NMC registration.
14. Support a learning culture providing skills-based experiential learning to care staff .
15. Work with the Human Resource and Care Services Managers to deliver clinical supervision for care staff.
16. Work flexibly within contracted hours (days, nights, weekends, bank holidays) to ensure resources are used efficiently and, where chosen, sign an opt-out clause under Working Time Directives .
17. Wear the provided staff uniforms in order to reflect a positive Signature image.
18. When required, provide support in the recruitment of staff .
19. The Nurse may be required to undertake other duties according to residents' needs.
Health and Safety
- The post-holder will maintain their personal responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Regulations, and compliance with the company Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working practices and the recommended storage of equipment, including but not exclusive to:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Electricity at Work, Lift & Lifting Equipment, Manual/Object Handling, Gas Installation & Use, Provision and Use of Work Equipment, Fire Precautions, Personal Protective Equipment, Legionella/Water Treatment, Waste Management, Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations.
- Appraise and assess measures used to prevent infection control hazards, taking into account the individual nursing, social, physical and psychological needs of the resident.
- Follow and report all concerns and incidents in line with the company incident reporting and whistle blowing procedure, including safeguarding adult's procedures.
Skills and Knowledge
• Active NMC Registration
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
• Post-registration qualifications desirable (ENB 997/8, etc.)
• Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations
• Ability to prioritise workload and be able to work under pressure
• Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills
• Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and clearly document care delivery
• Team player, decisive, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and adaptable
• Reasonable access outside working hours in emergency situations
If this sounds like a company you would like to work for then please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org !
|The Sitcom Experience with Del Boy & Rodney - The Comedy Dinner Show|
|Breakfast with Santa!|
13th December 2018
5th December 2018